WORK PERMITS FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS
You are developing a new business area, but domestic specialists do not have a required level of knowledge and experience? We’ll help you solve any issue related to employment of foreign nationals, whether it is a conclusion of an employment contract, filling out application forms or delivery of issued documents.
The procedure of registration of documents permitting a foreign employee from visa countries to work in the territory of the Russian Federation consists of several stages:
1. Submission of documents for quota allocation to the Department of Labor and Social Protection. The quotas do not apply to professions specified in the list approved by the Order of the Ministry of Labor of the Russian Federation No. 490н dated 05.07.2019
2. Submission of documents to the Employment Center (EC) after receiving a positive result on quota allocation or when using professions from the list of quota-free employments approved by the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection.
3. Submission of documents to the External Labour Migration Office of the Directorate for Migration Affairs at the Main Directorate of the Russian Interior Ministry in Moscow in order to receive a permit for the employment of foreign nationals by an organization. You can apply for the service no earlier than 30 calendar days after the acceptance of documents by the EC, while the registration of the employed foreign nationals takes 30 calendar days. Permit for the employment of foreign nationals is issued for 1 year.
4. Submission of documents to the Department for External Labor Migration of the Directorate for Migration Affairs at the Main Directorate of the Russian Ministry of the Interior in Moscow in order to obtain a work permit for a foreign national. You can apply for the service upon the receipt of the original document for a foreign national employment, and the registration of the work permit itself takes 21 calendar days. The work permit is issued for a period of up to 1 year, the work permit expiration date can not be after the expiration date of the permit for foreign employment engagement.
5. Submission of documents to the Invitations Issue Office of the Directorate for Migration Affairs at the Main Directorate of the Russian Ministry of the Interior in Moscow in order to get an invitation for a single-entry work visa. You can apply for the service after the receipt of confirmation of the work permit application documents acceptance. Registration of the invitation takes 16 calendar days.
6. Submission of documents to the Visa Issue Department of the Directorate for Migration Affairs at the Main Directorate of the Russian Ministry of the Interior in Moscow in order to obtain a multiple-entry work visa. You can apply for the service after a foreign national enters the Russian Federation with a single-entry work visa. Visa issue takes 21 calendar days.
Obtaining the original permits for foreign nationals employment and work permits is performed by the representative of the inviting organization on the basis of a power of attorney.
THE STAMP DUTY IS
- for issuing a permit to the employer to engage and use foreign nationals employees – 10,000 rubles per one foreign employee engaged;
- for issuing a work permit to a foreign national – 3,500 rubles;
- for issuing an invitation of a foreign national to Russia – 800 rubles;
- for issuing a multiple-entry work visa for a foreign national – 1,600 rubles.
The inviting organization, when applying for a work permit, is obliged to provide the following documents for each foreign national:
– medical documents, confirming a foreign national is not a drug addict and is not suffering from the infectious diseases posing a threat to the public, as well as a certificate confirming the absence of a disease caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
– a certificate of proficiency in the Russian language, knowledge of the history of Russia and the basics of the legislation of the Russian Federation (or a state education certificate (the level not lower than basic compulsory education)) issued by an educational institution in the territory of the state that was a part of the USSR prior to September 1, 1991; or a document on education and (or) qualification, issued to persons who successfully passed the State Final Examination in the territory of the Russian Federation after September 1, 1991)
The foreign employee, while performing labor activity, shall have the Voluntary medical insurance contract valid in the territory of the Russian Federation, or be entitled to medical care on the basis of the contract signed by the employer or the customer with the medical organization on providing paid medical services to the foreign employee. Voluntary medical insurance policy or the contract signed by the employer or the customer with the medical organization on providing paid medical services to the foreign employee shall provide rendering to the foreign employee of primary health care services and specialized medical care services in an emergency situation.
The employer or the customer employing and using the employed foreign nationals is obliged to notify territorial authority of the Federal Executive authority in the field of migration in the subject of the Russian Federation, where such foreign national is employed, on the conclusion and the termination of the employment contract, or the civil contract for performance of works (rendering services) with such foreign national, withing the period that does not exceed three working days from the date of the conclusion or termination of the relevant contract.
EXTENSION OF WORK VISAS OF FOREIGN NATIONALS ENGAGED IN LABOR ACTIVITY AT THE TERRITORY OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION.
Directorate for Migration Affairs at the Main Directorate of the Russian Ministry of the Interior in Moscow extends the validity term of work visas in the following cases:
- extension of the existing contract, or conclusion of a new contract with a foreign employee
- migration registration of a foreign national
- availability of original work permit
- paid stamp duty in the amount of 1,600 rubles for the provision of service of extension of multiple-entry work visa of a foreign national.
The inviting party shall apply to the Directorate for Migration Affairs at the Main Directorate of the Russian Ministry of the Interior in Moscow for an extension of the work visa not later than 20 calendar days before the expiry of the visa validity term.
The work visa extension period is 14-21 calendar days.
The original passport of a foreign national is required when submitting a package of documents for the extension of a work visa and when obtaining an extended work visa.